Green Mountain is a safe school, and your attention to this matter helps us tremendously.
This is a brief reminder about dropping off or picking up students before, after, or during the school day. First, please refer to the Safe Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up procedure below, or download a copy.
Next, Y-Kids and Choir parents/guardians need to park in a designated, legal spot when picking up or dropping off kids from our round-about lane in front of the main doors. This means parking along the UNPAINTED curb. Cars are NOT allowed to park along a red, “No Parking” curb or in our fire lane by the kindergarten playground. These areas need to remain open to buses and emergency vehicles only.
- The speed limit is 5 mph. Drivers are expected to adhere to this limit for the safety of all students and staff.
- Follow the yellow arrows to the drop-off area, located along the yellow curb.
- Please pull forward along the curb to allow other vehicles space for dropping off students.
- If you need to come into the building, please park in a designated parking space.
- NO PARKING along red curbs. These are fire lanes and must be kept clear.
- Handicap spaces are blue. Please do not block these spaces or the crosswalk next to them.
- The speed limit is 5 MPH – drivers are expected to adhere to this limit for the safety of ALL students and staff.
- Follow the YELLOW ARROWS to the pick-up area (located along the yellow curb).
- Students will be lined up on the sidewalk waiting for your arrival.
- Please keep pulling forward along the curb to allow other vehicles space.
- Once you reach the pick-up area your student will be allowed to load.
- If you reach the pick-up area and your child is not present, please circle around again to allow other parents to pick up their children.
- If you must leave your car, please park in a designated parking space.
- Please do not ask your child to cross the parking lot to meet you. They are not allowed to do so.
- Once buses leave at approximately 3:32 pm, all unclaimed students will be escorted to the office.